You may feel like you’ve had enough spook for one year. And the thought of wearing another mask isn’t so tempting. But this Halloween trick may just be the best treat yet!
Yes, you heard us correctly, we’re talking about a pumpkin soda float and dare we say it… it may just be better than candy. No need to give your handsanitizer relentless pumps after each knock on your neighbours’ doors – you can keep the kids home (and happy ) with this one.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin puree (made as you see fit)
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Ice-cold soda water freshly sparkled from your BIBO fizz bar
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles or sparkles for topping
Here’s how it’s done:
- Heat the water and sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the pumpkin puree and the mixed spice to the saucepan and stir until dissolved. But remember do not bring to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Let it cool for about 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove sediment by straining the syrup through a fine mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Add 30 mls of your freshly made pumpkin syrup to each glass. (You can add more syrup if you’re like us and have a bit of a sweet tooth or less depending on your taste).
- Top each glass with about 180 mls depending on your cups.
- Taste to see if you’re happy with the syrup to water ratio and adjust accordingly by either adding more syrup or water.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Decorate with sprinkles.
- Clink glasses and enjoy!
Unlike any other soda machine on the market, the BIBO fizz bar lets you add sparkle to just about anything. Water, floats, tea infusions, you name it and BIBO will fizz it. Spoil yourself, your family and friends. Get yours today!
Also this recipe has been inspired by and adapted from Rhubarbarians, so you can go on a give them a little love too.