Out with the cold and in with the new. Spring is finally here. Use your BIBO fizz bar to add some extra sparkle to the new season by giving our Homemade Lemonade a go.
Start by stirring up the lemon syrup and top it off by adding some bubbles to the mix. Here’s how it’s done.
For the syrup you’ll need:
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- zest and juice of 4 medium large lemons
- pinch of salt
To serve use:
- Slices of Lemon
- Use vegetable peeler to zest the lemons and do not remove any of the white pith with the zest
- Make the syrup by placing the sugar, water and zest in a saucepan
- Bring it all to the boil while stirring and stir until the sugar has dissolved
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and salt
- Cover and let the syrup stand for a few hours to infuse and come to room temperature
- Pour through a sieve to remove the lemon peel.
- Add ½ cup of the syrup to 2 ½ cups of water and mix
- Taste and add more syrup or sugar to taste (if needed)
- Carbonate in the Bibo fizz bar
- Serve with ice and garnished with lots of slices of lemon
- The rest of the syrup can be stored refrigerated for up to a month